Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thing #5

Web 2.0 / School 2.0

We use web 2.0 technologies everyday (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blogger). School 2.0 is taking those outlets and using them in the classroom. Instead of sticking with paper and pencil - teachers are starting to use the best, newest, most technologically advanced tools to educate their students. Essentially, teachers are giving their students the opportunity to learn for themselves and to connect and discuss with their peers.

Web 2.0 already seems amazing - who knows that the future holds! What will web 5.0 be like? Will an entire semester's worth of classes take place on an iPad?

1 comment:

  1. I have wondered myself what education will be like when Web 5.0 comes out. Education has evolved so much just since I was in school I can't wait to see what my children are learning in 10 years. It is amazing the advances we have made in the field of technology in the classroom. I recently substituted in a special education classroom and they had a class set of ipads. I was amazed at how helpful their were in that classroom!

    ReplyDelete