Friday, November 25, 2011

Thing #13

Web-based Applications 


I have never heard of web-based word type applications but I think Zoho Writer is a great idea! Microsoft Office is really expensive so it's nice to see there are other options. It also seems a lot more versatile. You can export, publish, or even put the document right into your blog. It reminds me of the Cloud, which I use from Amazon for my music, except this is for documents.


I learn something new every day! I've never heard of Google Docs though it doesn't surprise me that Google has something like this. Google is seriously taking off! I think this application would be a great option for my students if they needed to work on any type of group project. Everyone may not have Microsoft Office but with this, all you need is internet access. Also, instead of printing out a huge stack of papers to turn in an assignment, Google Docs allows you to upload everything you need into one application - very Earth friendly!

If I had to choose between the Zoho Writer and Google Docs, I would probably prefer Google since I know more about them and it seems somewhat more reliable in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment