Monday, December 5, 2011

Thing #18

Social Networking




Why is it important that educators know how social networking works? Social networking is a part of your students everyday life! Even parents and grandparents are using Facebook these days. It's important to be as up to date a possible with technology and networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, not only as an educator but as a member of the general society. Twitter especially, can be used as a resource for educators. Most organizations and schools have public Twitter accounts that can be very helpful. 
What new insights did you gain about these popular sites? Through this class, I learned a lot more about the Twitter accounts that are out there that are geared especially to teachers! Scholastic Books even has a Twitter account! 
What did you like or dislike about each of the sites you explored? I like Facebook but it's not something I use casually. I only add family and close friends, because the content I post is so personal. I always worry about privacy issues with big online sites :-/ 
Which site had the most useful features? Facebook definitely has more features and they are useful.
Can you see a classroom or school application for any of these sites?
Twitter would be a great place for classroom or school application! Even APSU has a Twitter account. It's a great way to keep students and staff up to date with current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment