Instructional Technology - EDUC 3040 - 81 - Fall 2011 - Dr. Sigears
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Thing #8
Flickr Mashups
Spell with Flickr is so fun! Being creative is a major part of being a teacher and I could seriously see myself using these little Apps in the future! I had to have the site write “Will You Marry Me?” haha because it’s so cliché yet adorable. I also really wanted to see the Clockr site but I don’t think it works anymore. Using pictures to display the time sounds like an awesome little tool you could use in the classroom. The Mosaic one would be great to show students in an art class. Then you could have students collect magazines and newspapers to make their own collages.
As far as sharing photos online, I think it’s a bad idea. I know Flickr says they have privacy settings but it still makes me weary. Personal photos are just that – personal! The idea of the whole world having access to my images is very scary. In my eyes, privacy and the internet just do not go hand in hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment